[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #50410: Media grid: hiding the "contextually created attachments" breaks the collection length count

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Jun 17 14:43:38 UTC 2020

#50410: Media grid: hiding the "contextually created attachments" breaks the
collection length count
-----------------------------+----------------------------------------
 Reporter:  afercia          |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)     |      Status:  new

Comment (by afercia):

 As said, the above images suddenly disappear in the "grid mode". There's
 one more point yet about user experience. For example:
 - go to the customizer
 - add a site logo
 - the UI offers to crop the logo
 - as a user, I may want to carefully craft a cropped image for art
 direction and to represent my brand at best
 - once I'm OK, I crop the image and I can see my nice, well cropped, logo
 on my website
 - at some point I may want to switch to another theme
 - once I set a new theme, I need to set the logo again
 - I click "Select logo" in the customizer
 - I expect to find my logo there, the one I previously cropped at best of
 my abilities
 - the logo is gone: the media library UI doesn't display my logo
 - I'm forced to upload a new image and start the process from scratch

 Not sure this is the best user experience.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/50410#comment:3>