[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #50399: Gutenberg Editor Direction when Site language is Arabic and the Profile Language is English

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Jun 16 12:38:07 UTC 2020

#50399: Gutenberg Editor Direction when Site language is Arabic and the Profile
Language is English
 Reporter:  studyshoot   |      Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect       |     Status:  new
  (bug)                  |
Component:  Editor       |    Version:  5.4.2
 Severity:  normal       |   Keywords:  dev-feedback needs-codex needs-
  Focuses:  css          |  testing
 I have noticed that in Gutenberg when I Edit an Article while the Site
 Language is Arabic at the same time the Profile Language is English, the
 Direction of the Text still LTR and Not RTL. I have changed the Classes
 direction from LTR to RTL and It works fine, So I suggest if we find a
 Solution which solve this Problem.

 {{{
 .components-modal__frame *, .components-modal__frame :after, .components-
 modal__frame :before, .components-popover *, .components-popover :after,
 .components-popover :before, .edit-post-header *, .edit-post-header
 :after, .edit-post-header :before, .edit-post-sidebar *, .edit-post-
 sidebar :after, .edit-post-sidebar :before, .edit-post-text-editor *,
 .edit-post-text-editor :after, .edit-post-text-editor :before, .edit-post-
 visual-editor *, .edit-post-visual-editor :after, .edit-post-visual-editor
 :before, .editor-post-publish-panel *, .editor-post-publish-panel :after,
 .editor-post-publish-panel :before {
     box-sizing: inherit;
     direction: rtl;