[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #49955: Shortcode escaping not correctly handled when followed by enclosing shortcodes

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Jul 16 15:33:03 UTC 2020

#49955: Shortcode escaping not correctly handled when followed by enclosing
shortcodes
 Reporter:  arildur       |       Owner:  (none)

Comment (by cfinke):

 I've confirmed that I see this behavior as well with the current trunk
 code by adding this testcase to `Tests_Shortcode`

 {{{
         function test_ticket_49955() {
                 add_shortcode( 'ucase', function ( $atts, $content ) {
                         return strtoupper( $content );
                 } );

                 $out = do_shortcode( 'This [[ucase]] shortcode
 [ucase]demonstrates[/ucase] the usage of enclosing shortcodes.' );

                 $this->assertEquals( 'This [ucase] shortcode DEMONSTRATES
 the usage of enclosing shortcodes.', $out );
         }

Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/49955#comment:1>