[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #50612: Cancelling a plugin update from an uploaded .zip file leaves the plugin .zip in the uploads directory

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sat Jul 11 19:33:02 UTC 2020

#50612: Cancelling a plugin update from an uploaded .zip file leaves the plugin
.zip in the uploads directory
--------------------------------------------+------------------------
 Reporter:  psykro                          |       Owner:  whyisjake
     Type:  defect (bug)                    |      Status:  closed

Comment (by psykro):

 Replying to [comment:14 joyously]:
 https://wordpress.slack.com/archives/C02RQBWTW/p1594281462266200
 > > Today I worked all night and took some time to test WP 5.5 plugin and
 themes update feature using zip files. It works with plugins, but I
 couldn't update any themes using the same method, has anyone
 tested/reported this yet?

 I can confirm that I have tested this, rolled back Twenty Twenty, upgraded
 successfully. Also tested clean up of file if user elects to Cancel, as
 well as cron clean up of file, of user navigates away

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/50612#comment:16>