[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #50612: Cancelling a plugin update from an uploaded .zip file leaves the plugin .zip in the uploads directory

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Jul 8 14:41:13 UTC 2020

#50612: Cancelling a plugin update from an uploaded .zip file leaves the plugin
.zip in the uploads directory
-----------------------------+-----------------------
 Reporter:  psykro           |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)     |      Status:  reopened

Comment (by psykro):

 Replying to [comment:3 desrosj]:
 > I think it's still worth having a discussion about. Especially where
 grid view is the default Media Library view, and plugins/themes can be
 quite large.

 > I also can't think of a use case where having the zip in the library
 would be useful.

 One way could be to remove it if the user clicks cancel.

 However that leaves the option open for if the user clicks anything else
 (back button, menu item).

 The only way I can think of to mitigate that would be to set a flag
 (option) somewhere and trigger an admin notice, warning of a failed
 plugin/theme update.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/50612#comment:4>