[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #50561: Links Widget display: Image alt text and link name are redundant for screen readers

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Jul 7 15:55:16 UTC 2020

#50561: Links Widget display: Image alt text and link name are redundant for screen
readers
-------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  eatingrules  |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  enhancement  |      Status:  new

Comment (by eatingrules):

 Thanks @afercia.

 Interesting - I don't have the Links Manager plugin installed, yet I still
 have access to the Links Manager and Widget on eatingrules.com. (I created
 my site in 2010; definitely pre-3.5!)

 I think if there are any links in the database from pre-3.5, core will
 still show the Links Manager and the Links Widget (no extra plugin
 necessary)?

 In any case, this is still part of core, and if I'm using this setup,
 other sites probably are too... so it would be good to improve this for
 whomever else that might be. :)

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/50561#comment:4>