[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #48894: Improve the small user sub window at the right corner on the admin bar a.k.a. the Howdy fly-out

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Jul 7 03:35:29 UTC 2020

#48894: Improve the small user sub window at the right corner on the admin bar
a.k.a. the Howdy fly-out
 Reporter:  ixkaito                  |       Owner:  afercia
     Type:  enhancement              |      Status:  assigned
  screenshots needs-refresh          |  javascript

Comment (by isabel_brison):

 My latest patch addresses closing the dropdowns when a click or keypress
 is captured anywhere outside them. I've also addressed the issue of the
 space key scrolling the page by preventing its default behaviour in the
 `keydown` event.

 I don't believe we need `hoverIntent` anymore for the admin bar, as the
 keyboard event listeners should be able to handle any submenus as long as
 the markup is correctly structured, but it might be good to test with a
 few more plugins.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/48894#comment:65>