[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #48894: Improve the small user sub window at the right corner on the admin bar a.k.a. the Howdy fly-out

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Jul 3 22:30:19 UTC 2020

#48894: Improve the small user sub window at the right corner on the admin bar
a.k.a. the Howdy fly-out
 Reporter:  ixkaito                  |       Owner:  afercia
     Type:  enhancement              |      Status:  assigned
  screenshots needs-refresh          |  javascript

Comment (by isabel_brison):

 @afercia I've fixed the issues you mentioned in comment:49.

 Regarding all the menus being open at the same time, I won't be able to
 address that before Tuesday, so if we want to get it in before the beta
 perhaps it would be quicker for someone else to look at it.

 To clarify the desired interaction: I would expect an open menu to close
 when a click anywhere outside of it is detected, and not only when another
 menu is clicked.

 We should also consider the keyboard interaction: to be consistent, it
 would make sense for an open menu to close when focus is transferred
 outside of it, which would potentially solve the problem of menu items
 transferring focus to a section of the current page, as in the Query
 Monitor example.

 It would be good to have the thoughts of the design team on this - cc.
 @mapk.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/48894#comment:57>