[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #48894: Improve the small user sub window at the right corner on the admin bar a.k.a. the Howdy fly-out

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Jul 3 09:41:26 UTC 2020

#48894: Improve the small user sub window at the right corner on the admin bar
a.k.a. the Howdy fly-out
 Reporter:  ixkaito                  |       Owner:  afercia
     Type:  enhancement              |      Status:  assigned
  screenshots needs-refresh          |  javascript
Changes (by sabernhardt):

 * focuses:  ui, accessibility => ui, accessibility, javascript

Comment:

 This also seems to require a special case for when the expandable menu
 link navigates to an anchor/section ID.

 When I clicked the Query Monitor plugin's main link, the dropdown expanded
 and the details section at the bottom expanded as well. Clicking again on
 the admin bar link did not collapse the dropdown. Instead, I needed to
 navigate focus back to that element and use either the space or Enter key
 to collapse the menu.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/48894#comment:50>