[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #50537: The buttons colors don't adapt properly to the admin scheme color on WP-Admin

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Jul 3 08:57:21 UTC 2020

#50537: The buttons colors don't adapt properly to the admin scheme color on WP-
Admin
----------------------------+---------------------------------
 Reporter:  youknowriad     |       Owner:  youknowriad
     Type:  defect (bug)    |      Status:  accepted

Comment (by youknowriad):

 Thanks both of you for the feedback, I fixed the hover issue for primary
 buttons.

 Now about the low contrast in some admin scheme colors, I think the main
 issue is not from this ticket but I think that the "highlight color" for
 these admin schemes is just not a good color. The low contrast can be seen
 in other places too. So I was hesitant on whether to address it here or
 not.

 @ryelle also proposed that we define a new Sass variable for the
 default/secondary button colors. In that same vein and since I believe the
 issue is not that the color between secondary and primary should be
 different, I'm going to define a variable that if set we fallback to the
 neutral secondary buttons. It's a measure to ensure the color schemes that
 don't have good colors won't be impacted by this PR while by default all
 schemes will adapt (just like the default admin scheme).

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/50537#comment:9>