[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #48894: Improve the small user sub window at the right corner on the admin bar a.k.a. the Howdy fly-out

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Jul 2 12:08:27 UTC 2020

#48894: Improve the small user sub window at the right corner on the admin bar
a.k.a. the Howdy fly-out
 Reporter:  ixkaito                              |       Owner:  afercia
     Type:  enhancement                          |      Status:  assigned
  refresh                                        |  accessibility

Comment (by afercia):

 Replying to [comment:44 mapk]:
 > I understand this option will prevent it from getting into WP 5.5

 Fair enough. As said, the accessibility team is in favor of extending this
 behavior to all the admin bar menus. The real point is whether this should
 happen now or be postponed to a future iteration. We're just a few days
 from Beta 1.

 In this regard, I'd like to point out an issue that I saw becoming more
 and more recurrent during the last release cycles: lack of timely
 feedback.

 I'd like to note that:
 1. today is  July 2, 2020
 2. this ticket was created on December 6, 2019
 3. the `needs-design-feedback` keyword was added on January 10, 2020
 4. the milestone was set to 5.5 on February 28, 2020

 So, 3. and 4. happened respectively almost 6 months ago and 4 months ago.
 There was a lot of time to offer feedback, but that didn't happen.

 Receiving feedback so late, at 4 days from Beta 1, turns to be just a
 blocker for any progress.

 More importantly, it is ''extremely demotivating and unfair towards other
 teams' efforts''.

 I think this issue spans across various teams and it's getting to a point
 that I think it should be discussed in a broader context.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/48894#comment:47>