[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #49264: Consider a redesign for the Policy Settings page (includes Policy Guide and future Disclosures & Policies)

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sun Jan 26 15:17:42 UTC 2020

#49264: Consider a redesign for the Policy Settings page (includes Policy Guide and
future Disclosures & Policies)
 Reporter:  xkon                     |       Owner:  xkon
     Type:  enhancement              |      Status:  assigned
  has-patch 2nd-opinion              |  administration, privacy

Comment (by xkon):

 Policy Guide page with Privacy Settings as a tab. This also makes it a
 page that it's not hidden anymore as the menu will continue to stay open
 (this is currently an issue as the `privacy-policy-guide.php` has no
 parent/menu so there's no indication at all).

 There are various more little things to do here especially regarding the
 policy text loops and how we handle the suggested texts etc, but I think
 that the base is there now 😅.

 As you can see (in my opinion) even though the text might still be long to
 read, the page is already becoming way more manageable and you can also
 keep your focus on the open policy that you're reading and not get lost
 from scrolling so easily.

 Note that this patch introduces a new css file called `privacy-
 settings.css` instead of continuing inside the older `edit.css` that we
 are using until now.

 Preview at [attachment:"49264.2_preview.gif"] 😊 .

 I'll continue the updates here asap, but feel free to jump in with any
 comments or ideas!

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/49264#comment:3>