[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #48915: Gutenberg Paragraph Block, Drop Cap missing sanitize rule for initial hard return line <br>

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Jan 10 20:03:45 UTC 2020

#48915: Gutenberg Paragraph Block, Drop Cap missing sanitize rule for initial hard
return line <br>
 Reporter:  Giorgio25b    |       Owner:  (none)

Comment (by apieschel):

 Was able to reproduce. This is indeed not ideal, but I don't think this is
 a bug specific to the editor that can be patched. My impression is this is
 just how the :first-letter CSS selector works. From /wp-includes/css/dist
 /block-library/style.css, here's the CSS that's targeting the drop-cap
 styles:

 {{{
 .has-drop-cap:not(:focus):first-letter {
     float: left;
     font-size: 8.4em;
     line-height: .68;
     font-weight: 100;
     margin: .05em .1em 0 0;
     text-transform: uppercase;
     font-style: normal;
 }
 }}}

 In any context, if there's an element inside the <p> tags before the inner
 text (such as the <br> in your example), then the :first-letter selector
 will have no effect.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/48915#comment:1>