[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #49155: WP_HOME constant will force-redirect static front page but not posts on front page

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Jan 9 03:42:32 UTC 2020

#49155: WP_HOME constant will force-redirect static front page but not posts on
front page
---------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  eclev91        |      Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)   |     Status:  new
Component:  Rewrite Rules  |    Version:  5.3.2
 Severity:  normal         |   Keywords:
  Focuses:                 |
---------------------------+-----------------------------
 When a static front page is set and I have an HTTPS URL configured with
 the `WP_HOME` constant (such as `https://example.org`) and I try to
 navigate to `http://example.org`, I'll be redirected to
 `https://example.org`.

 When the front page is set to show latest posts and I do the same thing,
 WP will respond successfully to `http://example.org` with no redirect.

 I imagine this isn't specific to http/https. If my server is configured to
 respond to other URLs with the WP app, I ''think'' it would respond to
 anything.

 This behavior seems like it ought to be consistent. The code in `wp-
 includes/canonical.php` around line 192 is responsible, and perhaps
 another case should be added?