[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #49540: Regression: Copy action now scrolls up the page on the privacy policy guide.

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Feb 28 22:46:59 UTC 2020

#49540: Regression: Copy action now scrolls up the page on the privacy policy
guide.
---------------------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  garrett-eclipse            |       Owner:  garrett-eclipse
     Type:  defect (bug)               |      Status:  accepted
Changes (by garrett-eclipse):

 * keywords:  has-patch has-screenshots commit => has-patch has-screenshots

Comment:

 Thanks @birgire I'll look into that Chrome issue and we can maybe adopt
 the code snippet there that uses `scrollIntoViewIfNeeded` if we find that
 issue affects us here as well. I'll do some testing on that over the
 weekend. I've removed commit for now while I investigate.

 As to reproducing, are you using the latest trunk? And which section are
 you copying as it will only visually affect the sections with long copy
 that contains lots of tutorial text like the WP default privacy content as
 what the new copy does is hide that content making the whole page shorter
 momentarily and then when made visible again the user scroll position is
 left up the page.
 *I think you have to be almost scrolled to the base of the page to cause
 the issue.

 If you're unable to reproduce ping me on DM and we'll want through that
 together.

 Cheers

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/49540#comment:6>