[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #49532: Clicking "preview" multiple times on a post causes an identical autosave revision to be created and destroyed repeatedly

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Feb 28 14:43:29 UTC 2020

#49532: Clicking "preview" multiple times on a post causes an identical autosave
revision to be created and destroyed repeatedly
--------------------------+------------------------------------
 Reporter:  inwerpsel     |       Owner:  (none)

Comment (by inwerpsel):

 The filter I proposed above resulted in the autosave not being deleted if
 the post is permanently deleted. Unfortunately the arguments of the filter
 are identical in both that case and the unwanted deletions, so I couldn't
 do anything but using $_GET to check if the current request is one for
 permanently deleting posts.
 {{{#!php
 <?php
         private function add_filters() {
                 add_filter('pre_delete_post', [$this,
 'do_not_delete_autosave'], 1, 3);
         }

         public function do_not_delete_autosave( $something = null, $post =
 null, $force_delete = null ): ?bool {
                 if (
                         $force_delete
                         || ( isset( $_GET['action'] ) && $_GET['action']
 === 'delete' )
                         || ( isset( $_GET['delete_all'] ) )
                         || !preg_match( '/autosave-v\d+$/',
 $post->post_name ) ) {