[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #49025: Twenty Twenty: Modal menu link with hash should scroll to that section on the page.

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Feb 27 14:05:54 UTC 2020

#49025: Twenty Twenty: Modal menu link with hash should scroll to that section on
the page.
---------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  acosmin        |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)   |      Status:  new

Comment (by bdcstr):

 Noticed the same issue. This is my **temporary-and-not-perfect** solution
 (so don't judge me!) while waiting for the official patch.

 1. Go to themes/twentytwenty/assets/js/index.js
 2. Look for the `outsideUntoggle: function () {` (at line 135 for me)
 3. Change with the following code:

 {{{
     outsideUntoggle: function () {
         document.addEventListener('click', function (event) {
             var target = event.target;
             var modal = document.querySelector('.cover-modal.active');

             // if target on click is <a> with # within the href attribute
             if (event.target.tagName.toLowerCase() === 'a' &&
 event.target.hash.includes('#')) {
                 // untoggle the modal
                 this.untoggleModal(modal);
                 // wait 550 and scroll to the anchor
                 setTimeout(function () {
                     var anchor =
 document.getElementById(event.target.hash.slice(1)); //
                     anchor.scrollIntoView();
                 }, 550);
             }

             if (target === modal) {