[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #30023: Chrome autofill password keeps showing after wp_attempt_focus clears password field

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sat Feb 15 17:45:27 UTC 2020

#30023: Chrome autofill password keeps showing after wp_attempt_focus clears
password field
------------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  Robbert S               |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)            |      Status:  new
Changes (by bookdude13):

 * keywords:   => 2nd-opinion

Comment:

 Testing this with Chrome and Firefox, the attempt to clear the password
 field doesn't always work with browser autocomplete, but it does when an
 incorrect or empty password is entered. However, even in this case the
 focus stays on the password input, not going to the username input.

 What was the original intent for the clearing of the password input? My
 suggestion would be to remove the call if it's not working and causing
 problems with autocomplete.

 More info:
 ||= Test =|| Chrome || Firefox ||
 || Normal login || User autofill, password autofill, wp_attempt_focus not
 in page source || User autofill, password autofill, wp_attempt_focus in
 page source ||
 || Invalid username || User not autofill, password autofill,
 wp_attempt_focus not in page source || User not autofill, password
 autofill, wp_attempt_focus in page source ||
 || Invalid password || User autofill, password autofill then cleared,
 wp_attempt_focus in page source || User autofill, password autofill then
 cleared, wp_attempt_focus not in page source ||

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/30023#comment:7>