[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #48378: Firefox and Internet Explorer 11: Media modal controls section cut off at larger window sizes

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Feb 10 23:21:15 UTC 2020

#48378: Firefox and Internet Explorer 11: Media modal controls section cut off at
larger window sizes
----------------------------------------------+-----------------------
 Reporter:  sabernhardt                       |       Owner:  afercia
     Type:  defect (bug)                      |      Status:  assigned
Changes (by afercia):

 * keywords:  needs-patch => has-patch has-screenshots commit

 - checks the input exists before using a DOM method like on it
 (`scrollIntoView()`)
 - uses a CSS `after` pseudo element instead of `padding-bottom` to reserve
 some space at the bottom of the affected elements

 For the CSS part: in this specific case I opted to repeat the same ruleset
 for each selector, to make very clear why it is used and also added inline
 comments accordingly.

 Looks good for commit to me. Will wait till Beta 1 tomorrow to give some
 time for anyone willing to test.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/48378#comment:8>