[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #48751: Make the list table "action links" always visible or provide an option for that

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Feb 7 19:16:49 UTC 2020

#48751: Make the list table "action links" always visible or provide an option for
that
 Reporter:  akrabat                  |       Owner:  audrasjb
     Type:  defect (bug)             |      Status:  reviewing
  patch needs-testing                |  javascript, css
Changes (by garrett-eclipse):

 * keywords:  has-screenshots needs-design needs-patch => has-screenshots
     has-patch needs-testing
 * focuses:  ui, accessibility => ui, accessibility, javascript, css
 * component:  Comments => Administration

Comment:

 Hello, I've uploaded an initial patch
 [https://core.trac.wordpress.org/attachment/ticket/48751/48751.diff
 48751.diff] to keep the row-actions persistently for all list tables
 removing the hide/show functionality. This works really nicely and helps a
 few use cases;
 - @akrabat use case of non-mouse sighted users.
 - Onboarding new WP users to the actions and visually showing new actions
 from plugins to advanced users.
 - Keeps the privacy export/erasure progress indicator visible throughout
 it's process.

 So far I'm not seeing much of a negative with this change, we do see more
 actions on the screen but personally I'm finding that to be more helpful
 than clutter.

 The UI remains fairly clean and clear even with more visible actions so
 don't feel we need to redesign the GUI here.

 @audrasjb / @afercia / @talldanwp / @nrqsnchz would you mind reviewing
 from your accessibility/design perspective and we may be able to get this
 into 5.4 if all parties are on board.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/48751#comment:23>