[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #48526: TwentyNineteen: Update margins in editor styles to address upcoming block editor margin changes

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Feb 6 20:25:06 UTC 2020

#48526: TwentyNineteen: Update margins in editor styles to address upcoming block
editor margin changes
---------------------------+-----------------------
 Reporter:  Joen           |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)   |      Status:  assigned

Comment (by kjellr):

 Alright, I got those Group block issues sorted out as well. The Group
 block selectors did change, and that seemed to be the root of the problem.
 A couple small issues still remain:

 - Full-width Group blocks still add a little horizontal scrolling on
 mobile. I couldn't nail down why this was happening, but eliminating ~10px
 of the width seemed to solve it? This requires some more sleuthing.
 - The previous Group rules targeted direct children of the `.wp-block-
 group` class, to ensure that the styles were correctly inherited when
 there are Group blocks inside of a Group block. I was unable to do that in
 this case, since sometimes there was an extra `is-block-content` div in
 there somewhere. I wasn't sure what that does, or why it showed up some
 times but not others. @Joen do you know more about that? We can work
 around it either way, but it'll result in some messier CSS.

 That's all I have time for this week — If someone has a moment to test
 these changes out, that would be excellent. 🙌

 (Sidenote: The fact that the theme has to rely on so many super-specific
 Group block selectors is ''very'' unsustainable! There's got to be a
 better way...)

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/48526#comment:8>