[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #51407: Remove inline event handlers and JavaScript URIs for Strict CSP-compatibility

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Dec 31 12:53:45 UTC 2020

#51407: Remove inline event handlers and JavaScript URIs for Strict CSP-
compatibility
 Reporter:  enricocarraro                        |       Owner:
                                                 |  adamsilverstein
     Type:  enhancement                          |      Status:  assigned
  tests                                          |

Comment (by jornfranke):

 I think a better way would be not to use nonces (too complex to configure
 on the web server side etc.). I recommend to make all Javascript strictly
 as external files. Then, I dont need to configure the nounces in the
 headers.

 Othrwise I strongly support strict CSP. The new block editor is a security
 disaster:
 unsafe-inline, unsafe-eval, external references to google fonts...

 A good out of the box WordPress installation must work with the following
 CSP for all areas (especially the admin area):

 {{{
 'self'; style-src 'self'; img-src 'self' data:; connect-src 'self'; font-
 src 'self'; object-src 'none'; media-src 'none'; child-src 'self'; form-
 action 'self'; frame-ancestors 'none'; navigate-to 'self'; block-all-
 mixed-content

Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/51407#comment:8>