[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #52183: get_the_post_thumbnail_url function returns original url if the size didnt exist

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Dec 28 09:04:17 UTC 2020

#52183: get_the_post_thumbnail_url  function returns original url if the size didnt
exist
 Reporter:  naveen17797   |      Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)  |     Status:  new
 From the function description it should return false if the size does not
 exist.

 Steps to replicate the issue

 1. I uploaded a image via featured image field on the post edit screen.

 2. I am calling this function inside the theme file like this

 $medium_thumbnail_url = get_the_post_thumbnail_url( $post_id, 'medium');

 But this function returns original url instead of returning false.