[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #52111: Classic Editor - TinyMCE Visual Page editor not working correctly after update to version 5.6

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Dec 18 09:00:10 UTC 2020

#52111: Classic Editor - TinyMCE Visual Page editor not working correctly after
update to version 5.6
 Reporter:  spikeuk1      |      Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)  |     Status:  new
Component:  Editor        |    Version:  5.6
 Severity:  normal        |   Keywords:
  Focuses:                |
 I have encountered a problem following updating to version 5.6 (from
 5.5.3–en_GB). When I (or other users) try to edit an existing page (or
 unpublished draft) the editing box in Visual mode is empty.
 If you click on the Text tab the content is displayed. Clicking back to
 Visual mode and the content is now visible.
 However, if you edit the content in the Visible tab and save (or preview)
 the edit is lost.
 (There are several reports on https://wordpress.org/support/ of other
 people experiencing the same issue)