[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #52085: Provide an action hook to help developers to extend the Privacy Settings screen

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Dec 15 22:31:11 UTC 2020

#52085: Provide an action hook to help developers to extend the Privacy Settings
screen
-------------------------+-------------------------------------
 Reporter:  audrasjb     |      Owner:  (none)
     Type:  enhancement  |     Status:  new
Component:  Privacy      |    Version:
 Severity:  normal       |   Keywords:  needs-patch 2nd-opinion
  Focuses:  ui, privacy  |
 In GDPR Data Request Form plugin support forum, many users asked me to add
 a setting to change the email of the administrator who receive the Privacy
 requests email notifications.

 Given there is no hook on the Privacy settings page, I added my form using
 some JavaScripts hacks (see screenshot below). It works, but it's not
 super clean and developer-friendly.

 I think it would be nice to add an action filter at the bottom of the
 screen, so developers can extend the features of this settings screen as
 they want. I can imagine various use cases for this action hook.