[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #51631: Refactor Layout of the Menu screens to avoid dual-buttons and responsive issues.

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Dec 10 22:43:37 UTC 2020

#51631: Refactor Layout of the Menu screens to avoid dual-buttons and responsive
issues.
 Reporter:  garrett-eclipse          |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  enhancement              |      Status:  new
  screenshots needs-design           |  css, administration

Comment (by maxpertici):

 Hello,

 From my point of view, it is possible with just a little bit of css to
 keep the buttons visible despite the page height. I offer two patches for
 example with sticky positions on the header menu (51631.1.diff) or the
 footer menu (51631.2.diff).
 These two patches use @supports to test the use of the css rule and also
 hide the unwanted button.

 I understand that keeping the footer button is logical but I find that the
 sticky footer menu "hides" the rest of the menu and the rest of the page.
 It is less obvious that settings are at the bottom like the menu
 locations.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/51631#comment:6>