[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #52001: WP 5.6 and PHP8 > PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Dec 9 18:53:19 UTC 2020

#52001: WP 5.6 and PHP8 > PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined
function
 Reporter:  ipajen        |      Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)  |     Status:  new
Component:  Database      |    Version:  5.6
 Severity:  blocker       |   Keywords:
  Focuses:                |
 WP 5.6 and after upgrading to PHP 8 from PHP 7.4 following error occurs:

 (removed paths)

 {{{
 [STDERR] PHP
 Fatal error:  Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function mysql_connect()
 in
 wp-db.php:1688
 Stack trace:
 wp-db.php(632):
 wpdb->db_connect()
 load.php(527):
 wpdb->__construct()
 wp-settings.php(124):
 require_wp_db()
 wp-config.php(88):
 require_once('/home/khaotipth...')
 wp-load.php(37):
 require_once('/home/khaotipth...')
 wp-blog-header.php(13):
 require_once('/home/khaotipth...')
 index.php(17):
 require('/home/khaotipth...')
 #7 {main}
    thrown in
 wp-db.php
 on line 1688
 }}}

 Disabled all plugins and changed to Twenty Twenty-One (twentytwentyone).

 https://wordpress.org/support/topic/php-8-and-wp-5-6-php-fatal-error-
 uncaught-error-call-to-undefined-function/?view=all#post-13766567

 (If I disable mysqli in 7.4 the same error occurs.)

 My first bug report to WP so be kind ;)