[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #51184: get_the_date() checks $format only for empty variable and fails on false boolean - since WP 5.5

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Aug 31 13:13:44 UTC 2020

#51184: get_the_date() checks $format only for empty variable and fails on false
boolean - since WP 5.5
 Reporter:  wittich                  |       Owner:  SergeyBiryukov
     Type:  defect (bug)             |      Status:  reopened
  has-unit-tests                     |  standards

Comment (by wittich):

 Replying to [comment:15 Rarst]:
 > Aside on unit tests, I lost track if these ''should'' go into `date`
 folder or just tagged `@group date`, `@group datetime` if they are
 elsewhere (I thought groups were used on individual test too before, but
 only see it on classes?). It's not super consistent since Date/Time code
 is usually mixed into something else.

 A quick `grep -rnw ./tests/ -e "group date\|group datetime"` shows that
 this groups a mainly used in `./tests/date/` so I guess it's not meant to
 be used in this case here.

 @SergeyBiryukov anything missing including the patch?

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/51184#comment:16>