[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #40493: On the Edit User Profile, open the "You can change your profile picture on Gravatar." link in a new window

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Aug 28 12:25:36 UTC 2020

#40493: On the Edit User Profile, open the "You can change your profile picture on
Gravatar." link in a new window
--------------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  ashokrane                 |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  enhancement               |      Status:  new

Comment (by karlijnbk):

 Regarding the patch above, please also give props to @diedeexterkate.

 The patch above fixes the issue on the user edit pages and "add new user"
 page. We tested this on Chrome, Edge, Firefox and Safari on macOS.
 Important to note that in Safari this does not work. We think this is due
 to back-forward caching (see https://stackoverflow.com/questions/40938707
 /safari-onbeforeunload/41769343).

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/40493#comment:7>