[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #51004: New sitemaps feature work only on root site in a multisite subdirectory setup

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Aug 18 21:54:09 UTC 2020

#51004: New sitemaps feature work only on root site in a multisite subdirectory
setup
-------------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  edemir206          |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)       |      Status:  new

Comment (by edemir206):

 I tried updating using site.com/wp-admin/network/upgrade.php in my dev env
 but still didn't work.

 Maybe it has something with my setup ?

 Today we are using NGINX as webserver and sunrise.php for multisite with
 nested folder as described from here: https://paulund.co.uk/wordpress-
 multisite-with-nested-folder-paths

 I deadctivate all plugins and the problem still occurs.

 Replying to [comment:2 desrosj]:
 > I did some testing. Here are my findings, and I have some follow up
 questions.

 > I have a subdirectory install locally with 5.5. I created three new
 sites and all of them have a sitemap as expected. But, I did create them
 ''after'' upgrading to 5.5.

 > Can you try a few things @edemir206? First, have you upgraded the
 network in the dashboard? An admin notice usually shows in the dashboard
 after upgrading when database updates are required. If you have not, can
 you please head to site.com/wp-admin/network/upgrade.php and see if that
 fixes the issue?

 > Second, can you confirm that there are no plugins active (or network
 active) that may be implementing their own flavor of sitemaps? Many
 sitemap related plugins (including Jetpack and WordPress SEO) have
 deactivated the default WordPress Core implementation in favor of their
 own.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/51004#comment:3>