[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #51004: New sitemaps feature work only on root site in a multisite subdirectory setup

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Aug 14 13:18:25 UTC 2020

#51004: New sitemaps feature work only on root site in a multisite subdirectory
setup
 Reporter:  edemir206     |      Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)  |     Status:  new
Component:  Sitemaps      |    Version:  5.5
 Severity:  normal        |   Keywords:
  Focuses:  multisite     |
 Hello everyone,

 I have a multisite subdirectory network installation, I can only access
 /wp-sitemap.xml in the “main site”, subsites shows me a 404 not found
 error. I don't have a subdomain setup so I can't verify if the same issue
 happens on this kind of setup.

 **To exemplify my problem, today I have:**
 {{{
 example.com/wp-sitemap.xml (Found)
 example.com/my-sub-site1/wp-sitemap.xml (Not Found)
 example.com/my-sub-site2/wp-sitemap.xml (Not Found)
 }}}

 **But I want this instead:**
 {{{
 example.com/wp-sitemap.xml (Found)
 example.com/my-sub-site1/wp-sitemap.xml (Found)
 example.com/my-sub-site2/wp-sitemap.xml (Found)
 }}}

 I think we have a bug here, right ?

 Also robots.txt lists only the main site sitemap, already found a ticket
 for this here: https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/50456

 Thanks for this great addition to WordPress.