[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #50945: Site Health: don't give a warning when upload_max_size is lower than max_post_size

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Aug 12 14:38:00 UTC 2020

#50945: Site Health: don't give a warning when upload_max_size is lower than
max_post_size
 Reporter:  jeroenrotty  |      Owner:  (none)
     Type:  enhancement  |     Status:  new
Component:  Site Health  |    Version:  5.5
 Severity:  normal       |   Keywords:
  Focuses:               |
 Site Health component added a new check in version 5.5 where post_max_size
 differs from upload_max_size which can lead to upload issues.

 However, there is no need to show a warning/error if post_max_size is a
 higher value than upload_max_size. In a current site I maintain,
 post_max_size is 8M and the max_upload_size is 2M and the Improvement is
 shown.

 Also, the copy might need to be reviewed, as we literally say that the
 values differ and *that* is the issue.