[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #50423: The expand icon at the bottom of the collapsed admin menu is not easily discoverable.

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Aug 3 17:03:33 UTC 2020

#50423: The expand icon at the bottom of the collapsed admin menu is not easily
discoverable.
-----------------------------+---------------------------------
 Reporter:  dmatamales       |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)     |      Status:  new
Changes (by kristengunther):

 * keywords:  needs-design has-screenshots needs-design-feedback => has-
     screenshots

Comment:

 The design team discussed this ticket during weekly design triage and
 agree that the approach @thimalw shared solves the problem. The margin
 makes the icon more visible from the other items in the dashboard sidebar.

 We noted that this icon also exists in the Customizer and we think it
 makes sense to keep the icons consistent. In the Customizer, the icon has
 an additional hover effect of a ring around the icon. We thought adding
 this additional hover effect to the dashboard Collapse/Open icon would
 draw a connection for viewers, as well as help this option stand out
 further.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/50423#comment:5>