[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #50023: Facilitating the transparent editing of user comments by providing sane core defaults

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Apr 28 17:31:49 UTC 2020

#50023: Facilitating the transparent editing of user comments by providing sane
core defaults
----------------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  marciancarutasu       |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)          |      Status:  reopened

Comment (by carike):

 Trac is for actionable proposals and (this is just the straight and honest
 truth and not meant to be harsh), the more you repeat the same arguments
 without providing something actionable (so:  show who edited a comment at
 what time by default), the less core developers will pay any attention to
 what you say.

 This does (at the very least tangentially) concern privacy, which is why I
 re-opened the ticket and why I added an additional workflow keyword.

 The only way to achieve what you have in mind would be to embed the
 comment from an independent third party site that agrees not to edit your
 comments.

 That's possible, but I don't know of such a service currently and it would
 require development and integration with the platform.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/50023#comment:20>