[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #43656: Media attachment filter does not work after switching list mode to grid for image attachment filter

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sat Apr 25 13:25:46 UTC 2020

#43656: Media attachment filter does not work after switching list mode to grid for
image attachment filter
 Reporter:  itzmekhokan                          |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)                         |      Status:  new

Comment (by zodiac1978):

 We could remove the filter in the `view_switcher` function in `/wp-
 admin/inludes/class-wp-list-table.php`

 {{{#!php
 <?php
                         printf(
                                 "<a href='%s' class='%s' id='view-
 switch-$mode'$aria_current><span class='screen-reader-
 text'>%s</span></a>\n",
                                 esc_url( remove_query_arg( 'attachment-
 filter', add_query_arg( 'mode', $mode ) ) ),
                                 implode( ' ', $classes ),
                                 $title
                         );
 }}}

 This would at least solve the mismatch between the dropdown and the
 display of media.

 As an alternative we could covert the filter to the correct dropdown
 setting. But this converting would need some JS, I think.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/43656#comment:5>