[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #49873: Twenty Twenty: Excerpt shown below the post title has piece of unrelated text

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sat Apr 11 03:14:36 UTC 2020

#49873: Twenty Twenty: Excerpt shown below the post title has piece of unrelated
text
-------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  cadfile            |      Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)       |     Status:  new
Component:  Posts, Post Types  |    Version:  5.4
 Severity:  normal             |   Keywords:
  Focuses:  css, template      |
 I converted all my classic blocks to regular blocks and changed to Twenty
 Twenty theme from a self-created theme. I noticed in the most recent post
 there is an unrelated string of text in the first line of the excerpt that
 is shown when the updated post is rendered.

 I removed the excerpt and updated and all the text was gone then I
 manually wrote an excerpt and updated and the unrelated text returned. I
 have no idea where it is coming from. I looked in the database and there
 is no extra text it only seems to show up when the post is rendered.

 [[Image(https://www.secularleft.us/images/Screenshot_title.png)]]