[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #49753: WordPress 5.4 media upload broken when using "Select Files" on some browsers

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sun Apr 5 15:03:54 UTC 2020

#49753: WordPress 5.4 media upload broken when using "Select Files" on some
browsers
 Reporter:  treecutter   |       Owner:  azaozz
     Type:  defect       |      Status:  reopened
  (bug)                  |

Comment (by afercia):

 > Thinking that reverting [47375] for 5.4.1 would be best/safest, then
 would try to improve the code around there for 5.5.

 The bug from [47375] / #47611 could be fixed on the JavaScript side. If
 there's a way to reliably get the file input element, for example in `wp-
 plupload.js`, then adding an `aria-hidden="true"` attribute to it would
 mitigate the original bug. The file input is the last "tabbable" element
 within the media modal dialog and it's already excluded from the tab
 order, see
 https://core.trac.wordpress.org/browser/trunk/src/js/media/views/focus-
 manager.js?rev=47122&marks=59-62#L52

 This would work, at least when plupload is used within the media modal
 dialog. Alternatively, since #47611 can't be reopened because it was
 "fixed" against a completed milestone, I'd expect a new ticket to be
 created.

 Aside:
 I'm not sure `wp-plupload.js` is working the way it is supposed to for the
 part related to getting the file input ID. I ''think'' something has
 changed in the way plupload sets the IDs. For example, unless I'm missing
 something, I don't see any element with an ID based on the pattern `'#' +
 this.uploader.id + '_html5_container'`.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/49753#comment:36>