[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #49817: Simple Site Health Improvement to Check for Plugin Compatibility wiith Latest WP Version Release

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sun Apr 5 06:30:00 UTC 2020

#49817: Simple Site Health Improvement to Check for Plugin Compatibility wiith
Latest WP Version Release
--------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  aussiedigitalnomad  |      Owner:  (none)
     Type:  enhancement         |     Status:  new
Component:  General             |    Version:  5.4
 Severity:  normal              |   Keywords:  dev-feedback
  Focuses:  administration      |
--------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Before upgrading to the latest version of WordPress (5.4), I always first
 check whether the plugins I'm using are compatible up to that version. To
 do this I have to go into each plugins' details manually and check what
 version of WP that it's compatible up to.
 When there's 20 or so plugins on a site and I'm managing 4 or 5 sites it
 becomes very time consuming. It can often take a few weeks for the
 developers to update their plugin to be compatible with the latest version
 of WP, so checking multiple times on top of that. Once I know the critical
 plugins are compatible, only then will I upgrade WordPress to the latest
 version.

 So my suggestion is that in the Site Health report under the Info tab
 under the Active and Inactive Plugins sections, that the version of WP
 that the plugin is compatible up to is included in the table. Possibly
 even the last date the plugin was updated as well, but that's not as
 important.

 Would be a big time saver for me, and probably many others too.

 Thanks