[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #48052: <center> tag around [video] inserts &nbsp and new lines every post update (or even switch between source and post)

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Sep 16 18:49:09 UTC 2019

#48052: <center> tag around [video] inserts &nbsp and new lines every post update
(or even switch between source and post)
 Reporter:  archon810     |      Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)  |     Status:  new
Component:  Editor        |    Version:  trunk
 Severity:  normal        |   Keywords:
  Focuses:                |
 This only seems to happen in the classic editor, which is what we're using
 and planning on using for years to come. The only active plugin in my test
 is Classic Editor https://wordpress.org/plugins/classic-editor/. Stock WP
 2019 theme.

 Tested with 5.2.3 and github master HEAD.

 Example code:

 {{{
 <center>[video width="524" height="1080" mp4="https://example.com/wp-
 content/uploads/2019/09/test.mp4"][/video]</center>
 }}}

 If you switch between Visual and Text, you'll start seeing new lines with
 ` `s added, like so:

 {{{