[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #47318: Fix the placeholder for the post title field on the classic Edit Post screen

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Sep 4 16:02:24 UTC 2019

#47318: Fix the placeholder for the post title field on the classic Edit Post
screen
 Reporter:  azaozz                               |       Owner:  azaozz
     Type:  defect (bug)                         |      Status:  assigned
Changes (by afercia):

 * keywords:  good-first-bug has-screenshots needs-patch => good-first-bug
     has-screenshots has-patch

 and uses `pointer-events: none;`, which works in all supported browsers.

 Additionally, when JavaScript support is off, it's not possible to just
 make the label text visible within the field. Otherwise, the
 entered/pasted title text will sit on top of the label text:

 [[Image(http://cldup.com/6Q14RlDkDO.png)]]

 The patch adds some CSS for no-js, to move the label text above the input
 field.

 Since I was there, I also added a label for the no-js textarea. This label
 is only visible when JavaScript support is off and hidden from all users
 when JavaScript support is on:

 [[Image(http://cldup.com/wxFvovUaQl.png)]]

 The label text "Content" should be generic enough also for Custom Post
 Types and I'd tend to think it doesn't need a filter. If this approach
 sounds good, any better wording is welcome:

 [[Image(http://cldup.com/oVt7ZJxAYV.png)]]

 Some testing would be nice :) With / without Classic Editor. With
 JavaScript support on and off.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/47318#comment:19>