[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #48453: Regression: Implied contract between image sub-size filenames and their base filename now broken

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Oct 30 00:16:57 UTC 2019

#48453: Regression: Implied contract between image sub-size filenames and their
base filename now broken
-------------------------------------+---------------------
 Reporter:  ianmjones                |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)             |      Status:  new

Comment (by chrisvanpatten):

 @azaozz What’s the context where this would be used in core? I’m concerned
 because we’ve had a ''ton'' of problems with performance on plugins that
 attempt to do these sorts of “URL to ID” lookups. Admittedly as a large
 media brand we are an edge case (~15 million postmeta rows and up on our
 largest sites) but these types of queries always seemed to be super
 problematic and introduced all kinds of performance hits on uncached
 requests (primarily in REST API calls).

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/48453#comment:11>