[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #48362: Admin email verification screen displayed on upgrade even though installed minutes earlier

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Oct 17 23:43:14 UTC 2019

#48362: Admin email verification screen displayed on upgrade even though installed
minutes earlier
--------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  garrett-eclipse     |      Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)        |     Status:  new
Component:  Site Health         |    Version:  trunk
 Severity:  normal              |   Keywords:
  Focuses:  ui, administration  |
--------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Hello,

 I keep coming across this in trunk when I'm testing using Local by
 Flywheel and the Beta Testing plugin, or well any clean install of WP <
 5.3 and then upgrading to trunk.

 It seems the screen is triggered when upgrading to 5.3 (or trunk as we're
 in 5.3 RC1) but doesn't take into account the current lifetime of the
 website so feels it gets triggered basically upon install.

 I'm wondering if we can account for the current lifetime of the install
 and only trigger the screen on upgrade to 5.3 if the install is older than
 the standard timeframe for the recurrence of that screen.

 I hope that make sense, to reproduce;
 1. Install 5.2.x
 2. Install Beta Tester plugin
 3. Switch to bleeding edge nightlies
 4. Upgrade to trunk (currently 5.3RC1)
 You'll find the screen is displayed on upgrade.

 In this edge case it's most likely their email is valid as they just
 entered it.

 Thanks