[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #48361: Select Files on iOS doesn't trigger on modal if start on Upload Files tab and switch to Media Library tab

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Oct 17 23:27:06 UTC 2019

#48361: Select Files on iOS doesn't trigger on modal if start on Upload Files tab
and switch to Media Library tab
--------------------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  garrett-eclipse                 |      Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)                    |     Status:  new
Component:  Media                           |    Version:
 Severity:  normal                          |   Keywords:
  Focuses:  ui, javascript, administration  |
--------------------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Hello,

 I came across an odd issues on a client site recently using ACF and the
 Gallery field so I did a fresh install and found the issue resides in core
 as well.

 In short the 'Select Files' button doesn't trigger the uploader if you
 trigger the media modal starting on 'Upload Files' and then switching to
 'Media Library' when there's no files present.

 To reproduce use an iOS device (iPad/iPhone);
 1. Install a clean WordPress
 2. Create a new post.
 3. Add a Gallery block
 4. Click the 'Media Library' button.
 5. If your Media Modal opens with 'Media Library' tab selected then switch
 to 'Upload Files' and reload the screen.
 6. Your Media Modal should open on 'Upload Files' now.
 7. Switch to the Media Library tab now.
 8. Click the 'Select Files' button that appears below the 'No items found'
 text.
 9. Note the uploader isn't triggered.

 This seems to only occur when there's no items in your media library and
 you are using the Media Modal but your settings have it open on 'Upload
 Files' first and then you switch to 'Media Library'.

 I initially came across this with an ACF Gallery field, but in my clean
 install it was the Gallery block that I was able to reproduce the issue
 with.

 All the best,
 Cheers