[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #47069: Twenty Nineteen: the admin bar on the front end has reduced functionalities and bugs due to jQuery not being used

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Oct 16 18:15:58 UTC 2019

#47069: Twenty Nineteen: the admin bar on the front end has reduced functionalities
and bugs due to jQuery not being used
 Reporter:  afercia                  |       Owner:  audrasjb
     Type:  defect (bug)             |      Status:  reopened
  needs-patch                        |  javascript

Comment (by azaozz):

 Replying to [comment:50 dinhtungdu]:

 Great! :)

 Some initial thoughts:

 - Perhaps it would be good to "extract" the native hoverIntent into a
 separate file that can replace the jQuery based version? It's not
 necessary to be an "exact copy" of how it works with jQuery, just needs to
 have the same or very similar functionality.

 - I'm not sure about the need for `scrollToTop()`. Smooth scrolling is now
 native functionality in most browsers: https://developer.mozilla.org/en-
 US/docs/Web/API/Element/scrollIntoView. Not sure we need to add that with
 js.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/47069#comment:55>