[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #47987: REST API: Add handling of PHP fatal errors while resizing images after upload

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Oct 15 17:06:41 UTC 2019

#47987: REST API: Add handling of PHP fatal errors while resizing images after
upload
-----------------------------+--------------------------------
 Reporter:  azaozz           |       Owner:  TimothyBlynJacobs
     Type:  task (blessed)   |      Status:  closed
Changes (by TimothyBlynJacobs):

 * status:  reopened => closed
 * resolution:   => fixed

Comment:

 Reclosing based on @kadamwhite's feedback as well.
 https://github.com/WordPress/gutenberg/pull/17858#issuecomment-542309204

 > Can at least the create-image-subsizes action be made optional? It
 doesn't really serve any purpose. It's like adding a param to a function
 that is never used in the function, and that can be determined from the
 existing params.

 Part of the issue is the compressed timeline, so we haven't been able to
 thoroughly map out how we'd want this endpoint to work and evolve in the
 future. Once we've done that ground work, and if we then determine the
 actions can be automatically determined, then it'd be simple to make that
 parameter optional.

 However, once we omit the action parameter, or can't guarantee that it is
 provided, it'll be difficult to workaround if we determine that isn't
 possible in the future.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/47987#comment:44>