[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #47610: Media modal: add more headings to better identify the main sections and improve content navigation for assistive technology users

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Oct 15 16:10:21 UTC 2019

#47610: Media modal: add more headings to better identify the main sections and
improve content navigation for assistive technology users
 Reporter:  afercia                  |       Owner:  afercia
     Type:  defect (bug)             |      Status:  assigned
  screenshots has-patch i18n-change  |  javascript

Comment (by azaozz):

 Replying to [comment:59 sabernhardt]:
 > I see these 4 options (in order of my preference, FWIW):
 > 1. Leave the heading visible as it is now (after r46489),
 > 2. Visually hide the element with the `screen-reader-text` class,
 > 3. Use the all-caps style for consistency, or
 > 4. Remove that heading entirely.

 Thanks for summarizing the discussion about this heading.

 As far as I see 2 is the proper solution here if that heading is needed to
 help screen reader users. Usually menus do not have (visible) headings as
 they do not serve any purpose. Examples are the other menus in WP, and in
 pretty much all applications I've seen.

 If that heading is not not needed for screen readers, 4 would be most
 appropriate.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/47610#comment:64>