[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #47318: Fix the placeholder for the post title field on the classic Edit Post screen

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Oct 10 21:39:21 UTC 2019

#47318: Fix the placeholder for the post title field on the classic Edit Post
screen
---------------------------------------+----------------------------
 Reporter:  azaozz                     |       Owner:  azaozz
     Type:  defect (bug)               |      Status:  closed

Comment (by azaozz):

 Replying to [comment:29 afercia]:
 > We agree we disagree :) To me, WordPress is a form-based application
 which uses HTML, which is rendered in a browser, thus all the base Web
 technologies and standards apply.

 Yeah, seems we are still not exactly on the same page here :)

 The difference (pretty big difference actually) is how the application is
 used, not the underlying technology.

 Would you say the same for Gmail? A better example: would you say the same
 for Slack? :)

 What if you open Slack in the browser and then open the Slack desktop app
 next to it? Any differences? So why should it look and behave differently
 just because it runs in a web browser?

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/47318#comment:31>