[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #47987: REST API: Add handling of PHP fatal errors while resizing images after upload

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Oct 9 19:53:28 UTC 2019

#47987: REST API: Add handling of PHP fatal errors while resizing images after
upload
-----------------------------+--------------------------------
 Reporter:  azaozz           |       Owner:  TimothyBlynJacobs
     Type:  task (blessed)   |      Status:  closed

Comment (by azaozz):

 Replying to [comment:37 kadamwhite]:
 > We should add another commit to include a `Link` header in the response
 to the POST request which points to the new endpoint.

 Yeah, would have been nice to add that but it needs to happen before "post
 processing" starts i.e. before the call to generate attachment meta.

 Was also thinking the whole "create attachment + upload a file" flow may
 need another look. Generally "streaming" from js in the client seems to
 perform a lot worse than "direct" `multipart/form-data` request to the web
 server, both on the client side (large files may need to me fully loaded
 in memory) and on the server side (PHP may start "execution" as soon as
 the request starts, making it more likely to time out).

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/47987#comment:39>