[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #48200: Fix the method used to create image sub-sizes when uploading fails with a PHP fatal error

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Oct 3 23:24:22 UTC 2019

#48200: Fix the method used to create image sub-sizes when uploading fails with a
PHP fatal error
--------------------------+---------------------
 Reporter:  azaozz        |       Owner:  azaozz
     Type:  defect (bug)  |      Status:  closed

Comment (by TimothyBlynJacobs):

 I don't think this is strictly necessary, but for consideration, I
 uploaded a patch that only sends the header in the API endpoints instead
 of the lower level sub-sizing functions. I think it'd be good to only send
 the headers when the client would expect them.

 This would also allow us to make the REST API version a bit more behaved.
 Where ideally the header would only be sent for the main REST API request,
 not internal API requests. If we trigger the sending in the endpoint code,
 we'd be able to achieve this.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/48200#comment:3>