[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #48028: Media Library 'featured image' dialogue missing link text that describes 'opens in new tab'.

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Oct 1 17:57:14 UTC 2019

#48028: Media Library 'featured image' dialogue missing link text that describes
'opens in new tab'.
 Reporter:  anevins                              |       Owner:  antpb
     Type:  defect (bug)                         |      Status:  assigned

Comment (by antpb):

 @afercia Thanks for that info! I had no clue the customizer had this
 behavior also.

 @joemcgill voiced the same suggestion you did on making this a global
 change for the select frame. I'll need to do some digging to find a fix
 there. My initial findings on that approach was that the editState
 function has a dependency on the state of the frame which is different in
 some cases (featured image and gallery frames) and also a need to filter
 the library by the allowedTypes prop that is passed from the MediaUpload
 component. Here's a link to that code that may help illustrate:
 https://github.com/WordPress/gutenberg/pull/17641/files#r329723943

 more info to come later in the week! :)

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/48028#comment:15>